Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July everyone! i would post a picture but i'm at work so i really don't have access to any.
it's a slow day here in the PICU, not to much happening, thank goodness.
i just have one patient and it's not been very demanding for the last few hours. occasionally he'll wake up and try to sit bolt upright and start kicking his legs, would be no big deal except that he's intubated which means that's a very bad thing to do to his endotracheal tube. otherwise though, he just sleeps.
i have plans of meeting up with friends to watch the fireworks on the mall after i get out of work but it's been raining off and on all morning so i may opt out of that one.
as for now, i'm just going to sit here at my computer next to my patient and watch him sleep. because that's what a PICU nurse does. soooooooooooo fun.

2 comments:

erin said...

Happy 5th of August

Unknown said...

I want to let you know that you are not alone in your fear of moths and that I just woke up my husband screaming "moth, moth" at the top of my lungs practically. I Hd under the blanket while he caputured the moth and set it free outdoors. It was 4:30 in the morning when this happened. They are crazy suicidal creatures and I don't like it when they fly towards me.