Friday, January 30, 2009

the randomness of it all

it's a new year and a new me! my new year's resolutions are to blog regularly, finish all my projects in a timely fashion, get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and to always hang my clothes up after wearing....ok not really. actually all of that is a total lie. i've never been one for new year's resolutions. they require to much effort.



i will however, attempt to keep up the blog a bit better.



since last i blogged many things have happened in my life...not important enough to remember them all but the big stuff were james' baptism, thanksgiving in cranberry with the fam, going back to seattle before christmas and then getting snowed in the entire time, having to work on christmas for the first time in my entire life, going to NYC for new year's and then having a drunk man fall on me and take me down a flight of stairs (for which i only sprained a toe and tore the nail) and lastly had a birthday.



that about sums up the last 4 months of my life. good times.



i am still working on the baby blanket that i started before my godson was born...there are perhaps 4 more rows to it than there were at his baptism...which was in november...i even brought it to work with me tonight in hopes of getting some more done. not really happening.



i also bought my plane ticket to Ecuador. that was pretty exciting. so this year i plan on spending a week out in the jungle on our medical trip and then another 2 weeks on vacation. no fixed plans yet on where we're going for our vacation (i have a friend from college who's going on the same trip and plans on traveling with me after) although we have some promising leads.

i had hoped to share this amazing country with my mother...she sadly rejected my offer.

in other news which is immensely more exciting, tonight is my last night shift here at the hospital...unless of course i'd like to pick up another one in which case the powers that be would not say no. i have finally found someone to work all my night shifts and in return i am promising to work all their day shifts. the joy this brings my soul is immeasurable.

however now i must find someone to relieve me so that i can finally go to the bathroom, something i've been trying to do since about 2am.

No comments: