Saturday, March 24, 2007

STILL in Guatamala

Ok, so as much as i do love Ecaudor the past 24 hours have been a little trying to my soul. i was supposed to leave this beautious country last night at 9.55 pm however there was some kind of delay and the flight was rescheduled to fly out at 2 am. i felt it was in my best interest to go stay with my friends rather than to hang out at the airport for the next 6 hours waiting for a flight which may, or may not, ever leave. once arriving at the aforementioned friends home i then contacted a representitive of the airline to see if it would be possible to either switch my flight to another day or get a better idea of when the fly would truly be leaving Quito. this representive informed me that there was no space on any flights until tuesday at the earliest so i decided that i would just fly out that night whenever my flight was supposed to leave. i asked this kind man if he would find out for me why the flight was delayed and when exactly it was going to leave. he put me on hold for an eternity and then came back to tell me that there were mechanical problems in atlanta and the plane had not even taken off from atlanta and so it would be delayed until at least 4 am maybe 5. he did tell me that i should call at 1am just to check and then last minute he says ´let me write a note on your itinerary just so that in case the flight does leave then they will know that i advised you to wait where you are until 1 and then call´
well i set my alarm for 1 am and call at the appropriate time only to find out that my flight was leaving in half an hour sin yo! i nearly had a heart attack. they told me the only thing i could do was call their 1-800 number in the morning and reschedule a flight. keep in mind they told me everything was booked through tuesday. well this morning i did call and spoke with a woman who was none to gracious and told me that i would have to purchase another flight becuase i was not at the airport. i explained to her that i was advised to stay where i was by a representative of THEIR airline. she then says ´well fine, what´s your name and i will look up your booking´ i gave her my name and she put me on hold for an even longer time than the first guy and she finally comes back and says oh so sweetly, ´you´re all set to fly out tonight, have a great flight´
i accredit the ease of all this to te multiple rosaries i was saying before i went to bed, this is one of those times where i can clearly see the hand of God working in my life!
so i will post again once i return to the where all computers have apostrophe buttons and quotation marks and i will share my photos and the many stories i have from my few weeks here.

No comments: