Thursday, March 1, 2007

Auto Repair 101

So this is how i fix cars. i don't even remember how long ago it was when i first discovered there was something wrong with my windshield wiper but i know it didn't take me long to "fix" it. i suppose the only thing that would have been better than wrapping a rag around the piece that's broken would have been to duct tape it. maybe next time.
i had a great weekend in Pittsburgh, lot's of family time. it was awesome. funny how you don't realize what words you use a lot until there's a small child around you at all times to mimic what you say. seems our family uses the word "awesome" quite a bit. i suppose it's better than many other words.
i've been checking my cousin Doug's blog a lot lately, he's on a motorcycle trip basically across the world. he started in Seattle and he's going to end in Argentina, i linked his blog so you can let him explain it better if you like. but i've been seeing all his pictures and it is making me miss Ecuador. i love South America and all it's randomness and craziness. i'm going back down for a short trip in a few weeks which i'm really excited about. i'll be on a medical mission trip for the first week and then myself and my friend who lived with me down there, are going to go on vacation basically. i haven't decided where we're going to go or what we're going to do, my only stipulation is that it has to be warm. (i know that sounds ridiculous seeing as we are going to the equator but it's actually very chilly in the mountains) if we had more time i'd say Galapagos, more time and more $$. it's insanely expensive to get out to the islands for someone who's not Ecuadorian and then there's all the rest that you have to pay for, when all i really want to do is get an awesome tan.
it's time to go get ready for work now, only 2 more night shifts to go till sometime in April. it's not that i don't like night shift, it can be fun. but it just throws your entire life off. i still have no idea when i should eat and how long i should sleep. and i always have to psych myself up for the night, convince myself that this shift is going to be awesome, and awesome it shall be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! Its your cousin Theresa! Nights can be a bummer sometime, but here is Hawaii they are so bearable,especially when they are 12 hours and there are only 3 a week! I actually requested nights (I never thought I would do such a crazy thing) because I am availble for Anna during the day if she needs something. It is so warm here it is totally worth it. You are getting some awesome nursing experience, and although it might seem hard at first, in a few years that experience is invaluable if you want to go anywhere else. Hang in there and enjoy your time off!!