Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Let It Snow

Day 2 of my new life as a blogger. Things are going well i think, although i need to tell my sister about my blog. She is the one who encouraged me in the first place so it's only right that she should be told about it first.
So today my big accomplishment was making it all the way into work and not dying. You see it started snowing yesterday afternoon and through the night. So as i drove my small 4-door compact car down side roads and through major 5 lane freeways buried in snow i couldn't help but wonder, what i was doing? It had taken me 20 minutes to chisel the ice off my car and then another 10 to dig out my tires so i could get out of my parking spot, now the only thing left was to drive the 14 miles to the hospital through unplowed streets and freeways. Needless to say i was the only person out at 5:30 in the morning doing this. There were a few maintenance workers who were out plowing the sidewalks but they looked at me like i was insane. that one i already knew though.
I love working in a pediatric hospital, kids are so much better to work with than adults. I spent my whole day just playing with the kids, it was great. at the end of the day we got a tiny little guy transferred over to us from out NICU, he is adorable and oh so very small, only 4 lb's. i helped feed him and as i watched him eat i was so amazed out how something so tiny knew exactly what to do even though up until recently we'd been helping breathe.
It is now 9pm and past my bedtime so i should wrap things up. These 12 hour shifts really pretty much beat the crap out of me. one more day though, then i have a day off. what will i do with my 24 hours of freedom though? Most likely i will sleep, although that makes me feel a little lazy when i read my sisters or my cousins blogs and they talk about how they are always out running errands and cooking things, and sewing or knitting or in general being creative and creating cozy little homes. Oh well, maybe i'll do something crafty next time i'm off.

2 comments:

Irina S. said...

Katie, welcome to the blogging world! I'm looking forward to learning more about you.

Kelly said...

Hey Katie, don't forget, I've got a mini sewing machine and your knitting here, so you get get your craft on too.
Go blog club!